© 2014 Johannesburg- Airport.com
JNB Airport Contact
Airports Company South Africa (ACSA)
Private Bag X1
OR Tambo International Airport
IATA airport code: JNB
ICAO airport code: FAJS
Airport Online, which offers Internet access, has a branch in the international departures terminal and two in the domestic terminal. One of these, open to the general public, is near the ATMs in the shopping area. The second, for use by passengers only, is between the main security point and the boarding gates.
The international departures terminal also offers a wireless option, which allows laptop users with wireless cards to connect to the Internet from anywhere in the departures hall - including from most of the restaurants in the terminal.
There are branches of Nedbank and Absa Bank on the mezzanine level of the public concourse in the international arrivals terminal.
Automated teller machines (ATMs) can be found in:
- The public concourse of the international arrivals terminal; and
- Level one of the shopping concourse in the domestic terminal.
The foreign-exchange outlets of Absa, American Express, Rennies and Master Currency are all in the public concourse of the international arrivals terminal. Absa Bank also has an outlet in the holding lounge of the international departures terminal, but this is not for the use of South Africans.
O.R. Tambo International Airport has a Christian Chapel open for prayer and quiet time to all passengers and airport staff 24/7. The chapel holds prayer and worship services on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday at 13h00. An evening service is held every second Wednesday at 19h00. The Chapel is situated on level 2 at the far side of Terminal B just above our clinic. For more info contact Trish on 0711640927 or 011 975 8491 or refer to the Chapel notice board
Muslim prayer facility
Our Muslim prayer facility is open 24/7 for prayer and quiet time. There is a Friday prayer service held just after noon with both a male and female facility. This facility is located in the basement parkade closest to Terminal A arrivals
The Premier Conference Centre in the domestic terminal offers a modern and stylish environment for business meetings, conferences and seminars. It has three 10-seater rooms, a 12-seater room, a 14-seater room, a seminar facility for groups of 25 or 50, as well as a conference room for groups of 60 or 120.
Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) is committed to providing world-class facilities that meet the needs of all airport users. We focus on ensuring existing and new facilities within our airports meet the particular needs of disabled travellers and airport users.
In the multi-storey parkade at ORTIA there are disabled parking bays at all levels while the airport itself features special lifts, ramps, wheelchairs and toilets for the disabled.
Passengers who require assistance boarding and disembarking from aircraft can make arrangements with the relevant airline when booking.
You can check flight times and details by:
- Calling +27 (0) 86 727 7888 for ACSA's automated flight-information service
- Calling the ACSA information desk, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on +27 (0) 11 921 6262;
- Using your mobile phone to send an SMS containing the flight number to the number 35007, in reply to which you will receive up-to-date flight details, or
- Checking online live arrivals and departures.
These can be found in:
- Terminal A (international arrivals and international departures)
- Terminal B (domestic arrivals)
- At the kiosks, you will first have to identify yourself. Note that different airlines may require different means of identification, such as passports for international flights, loyalty cards or credit cards.
- Once you have accepted the security conditions (prominently displayed next to the kiosks), you will be guided to complete the check-in procedure, including seat reservation. The kiosk will deliver boarding passes and instruct you to proceed to the relevant boarding gate.
- Further identity verification, requiring an identity document with photograph, will be performed by airline personnel at the boarding gate.
There is a post office at the international arrivals terminal, and you will find Postnet on the shopping level of the domestic terminal.
There are restrooms in all terminal buildings. Baby-changing facilities and other amenities for young children are available in most ladies restrooms.
There are public telephones in all terminals. Telephone services outlets can be found in the public concourse of the international arrivals terminal and in the holding lounge of the international departures terminal.
Mobile phone rentals
A Vodacom Superstore, on the shopping level of the domestic terminal, sells mobile phones, airtime top-ups and mobile phone accessories. The international terminal boasts a number of mobile phone shops and service providers.